Wednesday, March 25, 2015

An Alum-Slug

So, I don't know if you know this but...

I'm a Slug. A Banana Slug.

A UC Santa Cruz Banana Slug.


My first year up there, in the woods, at the clothing-optional campus (back then), was... hard. Coming from South Los Angeles, where people dressed and shaved and smelled of Polo cologne or hair grease or anything except patchouli oil, it was quite an adjustment for me.

But!

I held on and stayed. And I'm so glad I did. Made wonderful, life-long friends. Read great books. Saw deer and cicadas and redwoods.

And now, I'm in the UCSC Review Magazine!

Never thought that would've ever happened. So honored and thrilled.

Would you like to read the profile? It's on-line now. Yeah?

Well, here you go!

And Happy 50 Year Anniversary, UC Santa Cruz!

No comments:

Post a Comment